Senior Administrative Assistant
The senior administrative assistant position is responsible for certain HR and payroll functions and to provide support to senior members of Maxus, as well as have overall responsibility for front office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests, and facilities. The assistant is also responsible for managing, directing and coordinating office services, related vendor relationships and arranging company meetings and events. The assistant will directly report to Senior Vice President, with dotted line responsibilities to Maxus HR Coordinator and the Legal department. The assistant is expected to perform similar duties for affiliates of Maxus.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare correspondence and generally support senior managers, specifically legal, human resources, and executives with assigned tasks.
- Interact as initial contact with payroll and benefits providers.
- Assist HR and Legal, as applicable, with employee benefits policies, onboarding new employees, etc.
- In conjunction with the HR coordinator, track vacation and anticipated personal time off requests and approvals. Update the Maxus calendar in Outlook to reflect same.
- Assist, when needed, credit and accounting departments.
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering routine inquiries. Directing visitors to appropriate person.
- Schedule appointments, route incoming mail, and perform other administrative and clerical duties, such as maintaining proper office supplies, preparing mailings, etc.
- Arrange travel schedules and reservations and set up conferences
- Plan, prepare and coordinate company functions.
- Maintain existing filing systems and suggest improvements.
- Coordinate facility’s services, maintenance and any improvements to the facility. Act as primary contact for any such services.
- Act as primary contact for IT and phone issues with our outside IT provider.
- A professional, positive and team player attitude a must.
- In depth understanding of office management and daily operations.
- Ability to multi-task a must.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to create and edit written materials for both internal and external communications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Database and records management skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to make sound administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Five (5) years plus of experience.
- Previous experience as a paralegal or in human resources a plus.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
MS Office, Great Plains, QuickBooks.